As part of our ongoing efforts to ensure that our programs contribute to the university’s mission, the University of Oregon identifies and publishes learning outcomes, assessment plans, and an annual assessment report for each undergraduate major and for all graduate degrees and programs.
These reports allow the university to track assessment practices and resulting changes across the curriculum, and to report on those to our regional accreditor, the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Learning outcomes, assessment plans, and annual assessment reports for degrees and programs offered by academic units can be found by following the links below. Learning outcomes for individual courses are provided in written form in the Courseleaf curriculum management system and on course syllabi.
Assessment Coordinators in each school or college will contact departments to collect assessment reports and submit assessment materials in a batch to OtP@uoregon.edu consistent with the schedule outlined below.
Assessment Materials Submission Schedule
- Annual assessment reports for undergraduate majors from AY 2018-19 will be due March 18, 2020. Moving forward, annual assessment reports will be due at the end of each fall term for reports addressing the prior academic year.
- To allow units to catch up in the development of learning objectives and assessment plans, the requirement to submit an assessment report for graduate programs that covers activity in AY 2018-19 is being waived.
Please contact Austin Hocker, the Assistant Director for Research and Assessment, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to schedule a consultation to support your unit’s assessment work.
College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
- African Studies
- Asian Studies Program
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Cinema Studies
- Comparative Literature
- Computer and Information Science
- Creative Writing Program
- Earth Sciences
- East Asian Languages and Literatures
- European Studies Program
- Environmental Studies Program
- Ethnic Studies
- Folklore Program
- General Science
- General Social Sciences
- German and Scandinavian
- Human Physiology
- International Studies
- Judaic Studies Program
- Latin American Studies Program
- Medieval Studies
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Romance Languages
- Russian, Eastern European and Eurasian Studies Program
- Theater Arts
- Women's and Gender Studies
Lundquist College of Business
College of Design
- Arts and Administration (AAD)
- History of Art and Architecture (HAA)
- Landscape Architecture (LA)
- Planning, Public Policy & Management (PPPM)
- Product Design (PD)
College of Education
- College of Education (COE)
- Counseling Psychology & Human Services (CPHS)
- Department of Education Studies (EDST)
- Department of Special Education & Clinical Sciences (SPECS)
Clark Honors College
School of Journalism and Communication
School of Law
School of Music and Dance