Career faculty will be eligible for promotion after accumulating six years of employment at an average of .5 FTE or greater, accrued at no greater than three terms per academic year for faculty on nine-month contracts and at four terms per year for bargaining unit faculty on 12-month contracts. The six years of employment do not have to be consecutive.
Other considerations for prior credit will include:
- At least .5 FTE in pro tem position
- The pro tem work is the same as the career faculty work
- The faculty member meets expectations in the pro tem position when they were reviewed
- Work while a student or graduate student will not count toward career service
Particularly meritorious cases may be eligible for early promotion or accelerated review. For more information, please contact OtP@uoregon.edu.
Joint or multiple appointments: For those faculty members with multiple or joint appointments, a memorandum will be completed at time of hire or assignment, specifying expectations for promotion and identifying the process to include all units. The faculty member and provost or designee must sign the memorandum for it to be valid.
- Candidates should work with their unit manager to determine promotion eligibility, using the appropriate eligibility form below.
- Once complete, the form is to be submitted to the department/unit head with notice of intent to be considered for promotion.
- The unit head will provide their e-signature on the form.
- The unit will then submit the form to HROps@uoregon.edu for verification.
- The returned HR verified form must be included in the promotion dossier.