The Office of the Provost (OtP) reviews all career instructional, clinical, and librarian faculty promotions. For instructional and clinical faculty promotion submissions, follow the process outlined below.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation reviews all faculty in research classifications. For career research faculty promotion submissions, contact email@example.com.
For planning purposes, it is important for OtP to have accurate information about cases that will be submitted. On or before November 1, units should send an email to with the following information for each candidate:
- Full name
- UO ID number
- UO email address
- Department name
- Candidate’s current and proposed rank (e.g. promotion from instructor to senior instructor)
OtP requests digital submission of all promotion files. The candidate’s file should be prepared digitally at the unit level. Once the unit review is complete, the file is to be forwarded to the dean’s office. Following the dean’s review and recommendation, the dean’s office will submit the primary file and supplementary materials to OtP via Microsoft OneDrive. See below for process details.
The dossier is to be submitted digitally as a single PDF with all elements included. Files not submitted as a single PDF will be returned for reformatting. Units are encouraged to use the Primary File Template for compiling the dossier. The eligibility form must be confirmed by HR and placed in the dossier before materials are submitted via OneDrive. Please see instructions on the eligibility form.
Supplemental materials are to be submitted digitally as possible. It is recommended that units use the supplementary file template for submitting materials. If files are not readily available in digital format, contact OtP@uoregon.edu for alternative arrangements.
Submitting the file
Promotion files are to be submitted by the dean’s office to the Office of the Provost using Microsoft OneDrive. All UO employees have access to OneDrive. If you are unfamiliar with OneDrive or have questions about its use, please contact your IT staff.
Upload the candidate’s primary and supplementary files using following steps:
- Create a folder in your OneDrive account, using the naming convention “[Last name], [First name] – [School/College]”.
- Upload the primary file to the candidate’s folder. Please use the naming convention “Career promotion file [Last name] AY”.
- Upload supplemental materials as applicable. Please use the naming convention “Career promotion supplemental [Last name] AY”.
- Invite OtP@uoregon.edu to view the folder, being sure to allow permission to edit.
- Email OtP@uoregon.edu once the files are uploaded and the folder is complete. This completed folder will constitute the version to be reviewed through the remainder of the process. Any changes made after this point will not be reflected in the final version assessed.
Questions about the preparation of the promotion file may be addressed to OtP@uoregon.edu.