The Office of the Provost requests digital submission of all promotion and tenure files. The candidate’s file should be prepared digitally at the unit level. Once the unit review is complete, the file is to be forwarded to the dean’s office. Following the dean’s review and recommendation, the dean’s office will submit the primary file and supplementary materials to OtP via Microsoft OneDrive.
For the convenience of all promotion and tenure file reviewers, please confirm that that the PDFs are set to “Bookmark Panel & Page” view, and that all bookmarks are correct. Here are instructions on how to add and/or delete bookmarks and how to set the view on a PDF.
The primary file is to be submitted digitally as a single PDF with all elements included. Primary files not submitted as a single PDF will be returned for reformatting. Units must use the Primary File Template for compiling the dossier.
Supplemental materials are to be submitted digitally as possible. Units must use the supplementary file template for submitting materials. If files are not readily available in digital format, contact OtP@uoregon.edu for alternative arrangements.
Submitting the File
Promotion and tenure files are to be submitted to OtP using an OtP-provided Microsoft OneDrive “Request for Files” link. All UO employees have access to OneDrive and the “Request for Files” link will be sent out at the start of winter term in preparation for the January 15th submission deadline. If you are unfamiliar with OneDrive or have questions about its use, please contact your IT staff.
To upload the candidate’s primary and supplementary files in one candidate’s folder to our “Request for Files” link using following steps:
- Create a folder (using your designated school/college process), using the naming convention Last, First - School/College Dept (e.g. Doe, Jane - CAS History).
- Upload the primary file into the candidate’s folder.
- Upload supplemental materials into the candidate’s folder as applicable.
- If your candidate has supplementary file types that do not fit within the candidate’s folder or they are file types that need special attention, please email OtP for assistance.
- Select the “Request for Files” link from the OtP email you were sent.
- You can upload all candidate folders for all major reviews in your school/college using the “Request for Files” link provided.
- You may also make any corrections by updating the candidate’s folder and resubmitting the materials before the January 15th deadline.
- After the January 15th deadline, this completed folder will constitute the version to be reviewed through the remainder of the process. Any changes made after this point will not be reflected in the final version.
- Microsoft Office “Request for Files” will notify OtP when candidate folders are dropped into our online repository. There is no need to email our office when you complete this process.
Questions about the preparation of the promotion and tenure file can be sent to OtP@uoregon.edu.