The academy’s curriculum is designed to create an engaged learning environment, and uses evidence-based scholarship and best practices in transformational leadership. To that end, the following objectives will be met.
- Build an institutional culture that frames leadership as operating from a core set of values and the corresponding actions consistent with those values.
- Create and nurture an inclusive community of diverse leaders at the University of Oregon.
- Increase knowledge of the models, frameworks, and competences for effective leadership.
- Understand the concepts of transformational leadership: a process that situates leaders and followers as co-contributors to resolution and goal attainment.
- Frame leadership from a strengths-based lens, grounded in current research, theory, and best practices.
- Enhance skills and knowledge for one’s current role; increase capacity to serve as leaders in today’s higher education environment; and increase potential for leadership advancement.
Session Topics to Include
- Transformational Leadership vs. Transactional Leadership
- Self-Awareness, Self-Management, and Personal Wellbeing
- Core Purpose and Core Values (Your Why)
- Strengths-Based Leadership and Behavioral Style
- Emotional Literacy and Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Leading Through a Lens of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Relational Leadership & Coaching Teams
- Leadership and Management: Influence, Power, and Authority
- Critical Dialogues and Conflict Resolution
- Leading Through Uncertainty, Ambiguity, and Change