The academy’s curriculum is designed to create an engaged learning environment, and uses evidence-based scholarship and best practices in transformational leadership. To that end, the following objectives will be met.
- Build an institutional culture that frames leadership as serving others, not simply positionality.
- Create and nurture an inclusive community of diverse leaders at the University of Oregon.
- Increase knowledge of the models, perspectives, and competences for effective leadership.
- Understand the concepts of transformational leadership: a process that moves a group to accomplish more than what is usually expected of them.
- Frame leadership strategies with current research, theory, and best practices.
- Enhance skills and knowledge for one’s current role; increase capacity to serve as leaders in today’s higher education environment; and increase potential for leadership advancement.
Session Topics to Include
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Transformational Leadership
- Leadership and Work Behavioral Styles
- Your Strengths, Your Leadership
- Leveraging Diversity and Nurturing Inclusion Through Leadership
- Building and Sustaining Strong Relationships as a Leader
- Leading High Performance Teams
- Leadership and Influence
- Conversations That Matter: Engaging in Crucial, High-Stakes Dialogue
- Conversations That Matter: Crucial Accountability and Dealing with Drama, Toxicity, and Conflict
- Leading Organizational Change
Updated August 2018