The Office of the Provost (OtP) is responsible for carrying out the academic mission of the University of Oregon. In doing so, the office works closely with faculty and staff to enhance academic excellence, student success, and the UO’s overall academic profile.
Led by the provost and senior vice president, OtP is a dynamic office that leads and manages a variety of initiatives, processes, and services. The office:
- Supports and coordinates matters that pertain to faculty success, including hiring, retention, promotion, and tenure processes
- Promotes the highest standards in teaching, research and service
- Works closely with the schools and colleges and other critical academic units to advance individual unit success
- Manages academic financial allocations
- Advances the UO’s outreach to the community, state, nation, and world through various reporting units