April 13, 2021
I am writing with an update on the UO Graduate School changes that were announced last month.
The Office of the Provost has established a search committee to assist in finding and reviewing internal candidates for the new Vice Provost of Graduate Studies position. The committee will be led by Phil Scher, divisional dean of social sciences for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Other members include:
- Robin Clement, director of the Master of Accounting Program and academic director of Sports Product Management in the Lundquist College of Business
- Jered Nagel, assistant dean of academic affairs for the Graduate School
- Leslie Straka, professor of viola and chamber music, director of the Community Music Institute, and associate dean of graduate studies with the School of Music and Dance
- Angela Lee, a doctoral student in clinical psychology in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Nadia Singh, associate professor of biology and associate vice president for research in the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- Peter Fehrs, associate director of Employee Labor Relations
Shelley Harshe, the administrative operations manager of UO Libraries, will serve as the search advocate. Support for the search committee will be provided by Rachel Tischer, executive assistant with the Office of the Provost.
The search committee will meet regularly this month and review applications on a rolling basis. Finalists will be determined later this month, with interviews taking place through May. I anticipate that the successful candidate will start in September.
Provost and Senior Vice President