March 31, 2021
This spring, Duo two-step login becomes mandatory for all UO students. If you're teaching this term, I would appreciate it if you could help raise awareness of the Duo enrollment deadlines that start April 7.
Those deadlines will require students to register for Duo before they can access Canvas or Zoom. Students risk being late to remote classes on their assigned deadlines if they must stop and register a device on the spot. Preparing students now will ease their experience and reduce disruptions to your classes.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Show these slides in your classes.
- Send your students a message through Canvas.
- Encourage your students to register for Duo before their deadline.
- Provide students with contact information for the Technology Service Desk, which can help with Duo in real time. Students can contact the Tech Desk 6:00 a.m. to midnight every day by live chat (livehelp.uoregon.edu) or phone (541-346-4357).
The deadlines have been assigned based on the last digit of a student's 95 number (UO ID number), except for students in the School of Law. Here is the schedule:
- April 7: Last digit 1 or School of Law
- April 14: Last digit 2
- April 21: Last digit 3 or 4
- April 28: Last digit 5
- May 5: Last digit 6
- May 12: Last digit 7
- May 19: Last digit 8
- May 26: Last digit 9
- June 2: Last digit 0
Thanks in advance for helping our students adopt this important cybersecurity measure as smoothly as possible.
Provost and Senior Vice President