Provost and Senior Vice President Patrick Phillips is conducting an external search for a new Vice Provost and University Librarian. This is a new title for this position, and it is one that reflects the vision that the university librarian does not just oversee one unit, but leads an important unit which serves as a critical underpinning for many other units and initiatives on campus (much like the Graduate School, Global Engagement, or Undergraduate Education and Student Success).
The Office of the Provost is working closely with a University of Oregon search committee and executive search firm WittKieffer to fill the position.
The search committee has invited four finalists to meet with UO groups beginning the week of January 11. More information, including Zoom links to join the public presentations can be found in the following OneDrive folder.
The UO search committee is comprised of members who represent a cross section of UO Libraries faculty and staff, as well as key institutional partners and stakeholders. Members include:
- Gabe Paquette (Chair), Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Marc Carpenter, PhD candidate in History
- Eric Clark, Assistant Head, Access Services, UO Libraries
- Justin Demsky, Fiscal Coordinator, UO Libraries
- Franny Gaede, Head of Digital Scholarship Services, UO Libraries
- Sara Hodges, Professor of Psychology
- Mary Ann Hyatt, Professor and Director of the Law Library
- Jimmy Murray, Technology Specialist and Student Supervisor, Price Science Commons and Research Library
- Zhuo Jing-Schmidt, Professor of East Asian Languages
- Miriam Rigby, Social Sciences Librarian, UO Libraries
- Erin Stoddart, Strategic Projects and Grants Development Librarian, UO Libraries
- Eowyn Boosenger, Undergraduate student (Psychology)
Search Advocate: Don Dixon, Desktop Services Technician, Information Services
Suzette Howard, Executive Assistant to the provost and his chief of staff, will provide staff support on behalf of the Office of the Provost.
Will candidates be known to the public?
Information about the finalists will be posted on this website, and members of the community will have the opportunity to meet them.