The Office of the Provost recognizes that assistant and associate professors in particular may be adversely impacted by COVID-related disruptions to their research.
With a view toward encouraging and supporting faculty research as well as enabling the completion of significant projects to accelerate progress toward promotion, the Office of the Provost has created a special $200,000 fund to spur the research of assistant and associate professors impacted by COVID.
Priority will be given to (1) assistant professors and (2) associate professors who are within 4 years of their promotion to the associate rank. Faculty receiving major grants, holding fellowships, or with access to start-up funds in excess of $5,000 to support their research are not eligible.
Faculty may request up to $5,000. Applications will include the following materials:
- A brief (c. 500 words) summary of research/scholarship/creative practice plan
- Brief (c. 250 words) COVID-related impact statement on this agenda
- Planned use for the funds
- A curriculum vitae
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by November 15, 2020. Selection will be based on:
- Quality of planned use for funds in advancing scholarship
- Consideration of COVID impact
- Alignment with institutional priorities