The University of Oregon has launched a search for the dean of the School of Music and Dance. The Office of the Provost and Academic Affairs and the search committee will post information and periodic updates about the recruitment process on this page. If you have comments, suggestions, or questions to share, please write to the search committee chair or any of the committee members listed below.
A series of forums have been scheduled in order to share information with the SOMD community about the dean search process and timeline. The search committee hopes to gather input about the desired characteristics and qualities of a new SOMD dean, and learn about SOMD’s most important issues, opportunities, and challenges.
Forums for SOMD faculty/staff/administrators
- Thursday, August 24, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Frohnmayer Music Building 178
- Tuesday, September 19, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Frohnmayer Music Building 190
Forums for SOMD students
- Friday, September 22, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Frohnmayer Music Building 178
- Friday, September 29, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m., Frohnmayer Music Building 163
Nominations are invited for this crucial leadership position. Names of nominees may be sent by email to the search firm, Witt Kieffer, at UOregonSOMD@wittkieffer.com. Witt Kieffer will follow up with nominees to provide more information and to solicit their application.
To apply for this position, please follow the process outlined in the SOMD Dean Leadership Profile and the Position Announcement. Questions may be addressed to Witt Kieffer at UOregonSOMD@wittkieffer.com. For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by October 16, 2017.
- Adriene Lim, Chair, Dean of UO Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Burk, Advancement Council, email@example.com
- Rodney Dorsey, Director of Bands, Assoc Professor, School of Music and Dance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brad Garner, Associate Professor, Dance, School of Music and Dance, email@example.com
- Greg Jones, Assistant Vice President, Constituent Development Programs, Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Kruckenberg, Associate Professor, Musicology, School of Music and Dance, email@example.com
- David Mason, Director of Facilities, School of Music and Dance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janelle McCoy, Director, Oregon Bach Festival, email@example.com
- Shannon Mockli, Associate Professor, Dance, School of Music and Dance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eduardo Martins Moreira, Graduate Teaching Fellow, School of Music and Dance, email@example.com
- Sharon Paul, Director of Choral Activities, Professor, School of Music and Dance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Peña, Associate Professor, Oboe, School of Music and Dance, email@example.com
- Paul Peppis, Director, Humanities Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Rodgers, Associate Professor, Music Theory, School of Music and Dance, email@example.com
- Ann Shaffer, Music Librarian, UO Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Spicer, Music Admissions Assistant, School of Music and Dance, email@example.com
- Lydia Van Dreel, Associate Professor, Horn, School of Music and Dance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Warden, Staff, Director of Operations, Office of the Provost & Academic Affairs, email@example.com
- Juan Eduardo Wolf, Assistant Professor, Ethnomusicology, School of Music and Dance, firstname.lastname@example.org